Something's wrong,
I can't feel my heart pumping in my head,
When you hold my hand,
What can it be?
My mind is racing,
This is an unfamiliar feeling,
This ease,
Usually I'm a mess of anxiety,
But with you here,
I'm silent and still,
Something has got to be wrong,
The tightness in my chest is gone,
At least when I'm laying in your arms,
What is this?
I think I might know,
I've got to shake this,
These feelings will be the end of me,
I can't fall again,
Not when I'm just beginning to live,
I have to push it aside,
Something is wrong with me,
I'm ready to run away,
From anything that might be good,
I really need to stay,
But I'll probably turn and go anyways,
My heart is torn,
From not being broken,
How backwards is that?
What can I say,
You caught me off guard,
Something's wrong,
Because nothing is wrong,
For once in my life,
I don't see any red flags,
With you I can be the authentic me.
By: Alyssa
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Gratitude
I haven't been able to write for weeks, I've stared at this page and wondered if I had finally run out of things to say, Of course...
-
I felt for so long that I would end up alone, Meandering from place to place, Like a ghost, I had given up on the dreams I once held...
-
I can't seem to shut down my mind, Not even for one second, It always has something to whisper, Making lists of what I could've...
-
I can't stand the way I feel, When they talk about their bodies, As if there's something wrong, It makes me internalize hate, ...
No comments:
Post a Comment