The same song on repeat,
And turned up loud as it can go,
It brings a smile to my face,
No malice or hate in my heart,
Dancing barefoot in the kitchen,
Singing the words that speak right to my soul,
Letting go of all the pain,
Feeling like myself again,
The same song on repeat,
With a glass of wine in hand,
Remembering all the nights I spent crying,
Not feeling nearly as bad,
Dancing with myself,
That smile glued to my face,
I won't let anyone ever take that away,
I keep swaying as the music plays,
This song is mine,
I can sing it forever,
I can dance,
I feel okay,
"Heaven help the fool who did her wrong",
Those words are my anthem,
Those words speak of your mistake.
By: Alyssa
Monday, December 28, 2015
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Gratitude
I haven't been able to write for weeks, I've stared at this page and wondered if I had finally run out of things to say, Of course...
-
I felt for so long that I would end up alone, Meandering from place to place, Like a ghost, I had given up on the dreams I once held...
-
I can't seem to shut down my mind, Not even for one second, It always has something to whisper, Making lists of what I could've...
-
I can't stand the way I feel, When they talk about their bodies, As if there's something wrong, It makes me internalize hate, ...
No comments:
Post a Comment