Monday, December 21, 2015

Haunted

I remember the bruises,
How they felt like hot coals on my skin,
And every time you said i love you,
They started burning again,

You took what you wanted,
Without a second thought,
And left me alone,
Wishing for my own end,

The blame was always on me,
Even as you apologized for the marks you left,
You asked me why I pushed you into that corner,
And why I always had to pick a fight,

I cried every night,
To a God I had lost hope in,
Sitting up until I saw the sun,
Wondering if this was the life I was condemned to,

You took what you wanted at my expense,
You robbed me of my already rare smile,
And left me cold and angry,
With walls built up a mile high,

You're a ghost that keeps all others at bay,
The memories I have of us haunt me at night,
And I lay with my eyes wide open,
Wondering if I'll ever feel at peace enough for them to shut.

By: Alyssa

No comments:

Post a Comment

Gratitude

I haven't been able to write for weeks,  I've stared at this page and wondered if I had finally run out of things to say,  Of course...