Wednesday, December 9, 2015

Late Nights in my Head

Desperately seeking something outside of my sight,
Just another night spent thinking too much,
Under this clouded sky,

This hopeless romantic heart will be my end,
Always praying for someone to love as much as me,
Impossible as it seems,

I think back to all the hurt and wonder how I still love at all,
Fighting everyday to move forward,
And to leave the demons of my past behind,

This cold breeze wakes my senses,
I'm so overly aware of my current state,
Crying and chain smoking again,

No one ever tells you how painful hope for the future can be,
All we hear is motivation and success,
Nothing about the heart wrenching nights spent alone under the stars,

I think too much when I'm alone,
About the thing outside of my reach,
Love and hope are such fickle beasts.

By: Alyssa

2 comments:

  1. Really speaks to me right now...
    Also my new favorite 😃

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you know you're not alone, and that you can always call me. And thank you for the lovely compliment.

      Delete

Gratitude

I haven't been able to write for weeks,  I've stared at this page and wondered if I had finally run out of things to say,  Of course...