I stare out into the storm,
The strong wind whips the trees back and forth,
The freezing rain hits my face,
I wipe it away,
Like the tears of last night,
This coffee and these cigarettes hit their mark,
My soul is disturbed,
But is eased by these substances,
I scan the grey horizon,
As if the answers to all of my questions are out there,
I'm sure of who I want to be,
In a world of instant gratification,
I take my time,
These stormy winter days remind me,
I possess a rare heart that is worth more than one night,
I stumble whole heartedly into love,
Giving one hundred percent of what I have,
It's not much,
But for what it's worth,
I always mean the best,
The reality of my life is loneliness,
I have always been independent,
Yet my romantic heart aches,
For a hand to hold mine,
But to not hold me back,
I wonder too much,
Asking questions to the night,
Will I ever find someone?
Is there a way to turn this heart off?
Could anyone really love a soul like mine?
I glare up at the storm that I'm standing in the middle of,
The wind howls,
As if to frighten me,
And the cold rain stings my face,
But I'm not the type to hide from an otherwise beautiful life.
By: Alyssa
Tuesday, January 19, 2016
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Gratitude
I haven't been able to write for weeks, I've stared at this page and wondered if I had finally run out of things to say, Of course...
-
I felt for so long that I would end up alone, Meandering from place to place, Like a ghost, I had given up on the dreams I once held...
-
I can't seem to shut down my mind, Not even for one second, It always has something to whisper, Making lists of what I could've...
-
I can't stand the way I feel, When they talk about their bodies, As if there's something wrong, It makes me internalize hate, ...
No comments:
Post a Comment