It can be debilitating,
Knowing that your mind can take hold,
And steer you right off a cliff,
I keep thinking about that crack in my windshield,
I do what they tell me,
Count backwards from ten,
Slow breathing,
I'm still thinking about the crack in my windshield,
I've thrown away the cigarettes,
I've cried until my eyes hurt,
I've ran for miles in silence,
But I'm still thinking about that crack in my windshield,
My friends have held my hands to calm me down,
I've spent hours on the phone venting,
I've isolated myself to keep from hurting others,
But in still thinking about that crack in my windshield,
I've stayed awake for days,
I've slept for what seems like years,
I've tried healing with the bottle,
But I'm still thinking about that crack in my windshield,
Wondering if at any moment,
It'll shatter,
And the glass will cut up my face,
I can't stop thinking about that stupid three millimeter crack in my windshield.
By: Alyssa
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Gratitude
I haven't been able to write for weeks, I've stared at this page and wondered if I had finally run out of things to say, Of course...
-
I felt for so long that I would end up alone, Meandering from place to place, Like a ghost, I had given up on the dreams I once held...
-
I can't seem to shut down my mind, Not even for one second, It always has something to whisper, Making lists of what I could've...
-
I can't stand the way I feel, When they talk about their bodies, As if there's something wrong, It makes me internalize hate, ...
No comments:
Post a Comment