Friday, January 15, 2016

My Happy Place

Strong coffee in my hands,
The cold air on my face,
Trying to calm down,
But all the anger and anxiety has bubbled up again,

I want to drive away from this place,
And these people,
I need something,
I just can't tell what it is,

Every time I reach out,
I find myself coming back with less than I started out with,
I need to find some people who won't drain me,
Or steal away my sanity,

My heart is resilient,
And they can't understand,
Just how I can bounce back from near destruction,
Because I feel everything so deeply,

I'm angry at myself,
For falling in love again,
So soon after I promised myself,
That I'd steer clear of that mess of things,

My anxiety has me by the throat,
Torn between logic and emotion,
This seems to be my constant battle,
It's getting old,

I just want the sand beneath my feet,
I want to hear the ocean roar,
And to feel the salty air on my face,
I want to be in my happy place.

By: Alyssa

1 comment:

Gratitude

I haven't been able to write for weeks,  I've stared at this page and wondered if I had finally run out of things to say,  Of course...