Monday, August 31, 2015

The More You Know

I've been told I'm dark and overly sarcastic,
I've been called cynical and rude,
Yet I still haven't been called the cause of a relationship ending in ruins,

I've been told I curse too much,
I've been told so many things I've lost track,
I try not to focus on the idiocy said by those who mock things because they lack,

I keep it simple,
I'm honest about what I want,
Anyone who can't handle that should just get lost,

I have no time for those who can't handle the unfiltered me,
I'm not a person to waste time with,
I'm still searching for the real thing,

I don't keep a guard up,
I won't hide anything or lie,
My motto is simple: I know who I am, accept it or say bye,


By: Alyssa









No comments:

Post a Comment

Gratitude

I haven't been able to write for weeks,  I've stared at this page and wondered if I had finally run out of things to say,  Of course...