I could shut it down in a minute,
I could turn off all the feelings,
And rid myself of all the hopes and dreams,
I could pack my stuff,
I could disappear and you'd never hear from me again,
At least I could once upon a time,
I could say whatever popped into my head,
I could spin a phrase and run anyone off,
No matter how patient they claimed to be,
I could tear down the mightiest man,
I could smile and walk away easily,
At least I could once upon a time,
And now I couldn't bare to hurt a fly,
I just sit here and write,
To gain some perspective,
To seek wisdom in my own head,
Before I say something I'll regret,
Once upon a time,
I was starry eyed,
With a wicked smile,
I'd hurt someone just because they hurt me,
Now I don't see the point,
In hurting others when I'm hurting.
By: Alyssa
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Gratitude
I haven't been able to write for weeks, I've stared at this page and wondered if I had finally run out of things to say, Of course...
-
I felt for so long that I would end up alone, Meandering from place to place, Like a ghost, I had given up on the dreams I once held...
-
I can't seem to shut down my mind, Not even for one second, It always has something to whisper, Making lists of what I could've...
-
I can't stand the way I feel, When they talk about their bodies, As if there's something wrong, It makes me internalize hate, ...
No comments:
Post a Comment