Sunday, September 13, 2015

The Drunk Ramblings of a Heartbroken Woman

You fucking liar,
How do you spend an entire night telling me to trust you?
Only to leave me alone and without so much as a call,
How can you sit there and preach to be different,
When you keep acting the same way he did?

You are a fucking liar,
Full of sweet talk and meaningless stares,
Doing just enough to keep me hanging on the edge of my seat,
Waiting and hoping,
Only to be left empty,

I opened up to you,
I told you I was trying not to get hurt again,
You told me you understood and that my heart was safe,
You reassured me,
Too bad it was all fake,

You fucking liar,
I won’t trust a thing anyone says from here forward,
I’ll always expect there to be disappointment,
I’ll always assume I’m being built up or led on,
What a shame,

Thanks for that,
You two faced, fucking liar.


By: Alyssa 

1 comment:

  1. Never lose hope, you'll find a way.
    Don't let an asshole steal you're heart away.
    Keep it locked up tight, till a man comes along to treat you right.
    Some of us actually mean what we say.
    When we ask to show you the way

    ReplyDelete

Gratitude

I haven't been able to write for weeks,  I've stared at this page and wondered if I had finally run out of things to say,  Of course...