There are a dozen places I'd rather be tonight than in this room,
But here I am,
I have too many thoughts swirling around in my mind,
They're fighting to break out from behind my clenched teeth,
I rewrite the same lines again and again,
Hoping that the honesty will ease the tightness in my chest,
"All the anger and hate I have stored away,
It bubbles closer to the surface with each passing day,
Reminding me that I'm not as together as I seem,"
Those words simply can't do what I need,
Whatever that may be,
I know I could get in my car and drive one hundred miles in any direction,
But these deep wounds would still exist,
All my demons would eventually catch up,
So here I sit,
Orchestrating phrases to keep me looking ahead,
I know that eventually I will move on to a different place,
I know that there will come a day that I won't get angry at the thought of the pain,
I know that I will go on to do great things,
And these sleepless nights and failed relationships will be a monument to who I am to become.
By: Alyssa
Saturday, September 19, 2015
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Gratitude
I haven't been able to write for weeks, I've stared at this page and wondered if I had finally run out of things to say, Of course...
-
I felt for so long that I would end up alone, Meandering from place to place, Like a ghost, I had given up on the dreams I once held...
-
I can't seem to shut down my mind, Not even for one second, It always has something to whisper, Making lists of what I could've...
-
I can't stand the way I feel, When they talk about their bodies, As if there's something wrong, It makes me internalize hate, ...
No comments:
Post a Comment