Thursday, October 25, 2018

Dear: 5 Unread Messages

Dear,
It’s been a long time since I heard your voice,
Even longer since I felt your embrace,
I find myself rereading the lines I wrote with you,

Dear,
I hate the way that everything played out, 
You were my friend,
And now you are no where to be found,
Vanished from my life without a trace,

Dear, 
I tried writing you on the birthday we share,
But your old number was disconnected,
I was left with a message that would never be read, 
And a heart full of regret,

Dear,
I do miss you being in my world,
I dream about the times we spent together,
And all the plans we made that were left unkept,
But you made the choice to leave, 

Dear,
I have a beautiful life,
And I am so thankful for the things our friendship taught me,
I am happier now,
I just wish you were here to see,
Life is not as black and white as we once believed.


By: Alyssa 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Gratitude

I haven't been able to write for weeks,  I've stared at this page and wondered if I had finally run out of things to say,  Of course...