Friday, October 19, 2018

I Am Not

I am not a god fearing Christian woman,
But I do pray for the world,
And offer love and light to those I come across in life,

I am not a god fearing Christian woman,
My morals are not dictated by a book written thousands of years ago,
My morals are built from lessons I’ve learned- sometimes, the hard way, 

I am not a god fearing Christian woman,
I do not find happiness in a building adorn with a cross,
I find peace and guidance out in the middle of a grove of trees, 

I am not a god fearing Christian woman,
But I can still say that I am blessed,
I do not need an all knowing entity to see where life is best, 

Every day I look around and see reasons to be a better person,
I find hope for a better tomorrow,
And have my heart and faith restored when I see a fellow human succeed, 

I am not a god fearing Christian woman,
I am simply me.


By: Alyssa 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Gratitude

I haven't been able to write for weeks,  I've stared at this page and wondered if I had finally run out of things to say,  Of course...