Wednesday, December 26, 2018

Ode to the Silenced Feminist

I am screaming inside of my head, 
But there is no emotion on my face,

I am telling it like it is- 
then walking out the door,
But in reality I am still as a stone,

Every inch of me is dripping in anger,
Every inch of me is sickened when I smile- 
and concede, 

But I know that I am a force to be reckoned with,
A woman with the strength of a natural disaster, 

I am no ones to conquer,
I am no ones to control,

Yet, here I am- 
screaming inside of my head,
And on the outside I’m still as a stone. 


By: Alyssa 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Gratitude

I haven't been able to write for weeks,  I've stared at this page and wondered if I had finally run out of things to say,  Of course...