Wednesday, March 9, 2016

Nothing New To Me

What did you think I would say?
"Oh, it's okay",
Well that's not me,
Not after you've broken all our plans,
So far that's your only speck of consistency,

You picked the wrong day to be such a jerk,
All week you've been avoiding me,
Why didn't you just say earlier you were done?
Then I wouldn't be thinking of revenge,
I'd just be getting over you,

Thank goodness you're not the first inconsiderate guy I've met,
I know how to deal with people like you,
I know I deserve better than that,
So you won't get any more texts or phone calls from me,
That you can bank on,

I'll do what I always do when some guy turns out like the rest,
I'll change my hair,
Get a new tattoo,
Scream along to my music,
And wake up one day feeling better that I didn't stay with you,

See I pride myself on being patient and kind,
I give love to those who need it most,
Without hesitation or second thought,
That's why this hurts so much,
I told you all of this,

But just to make something very clear,
I'm not broken-hearted,
Just disappointed,
I thought you were a breath of fresh air,
But that just wasn't the case.

By: Alyssa

No comments:

Post a Comment

Gratitude

I haven't been able to write for weeks,  I've stared at this page and wondered if I had finally run out of things to say,  Of course...