Confess to me the dark secrets you have hidden away,
Are they demoralizing or shameful to even say?
What is it that you seek?
Is it love or lust for grander things?
Where does your heart lead you when you are all out of
options?
Is it to somewhere or to someone?
Are you running or hiding from the decisions you have to
make?
Are you trying to find answers or escape?
Whisper to me all the truths you keep locked inside your
soul,
Even the ones that scare you most of all,
Does your mind slip back to the one that got away?
Are you kicking yourself over something you didn't get the
chance to say?
What is it that tugs on those heartstrings of yours?
Maybe I’m the only person who bothers to ask about these
things anymore,
How is it that you came to be so cold?
Was it heartbreak or loss of something much more?
Tell me about your dreams and goals,
Even the cliche ones you swore to never share with anyone,
What is it that makes you tick?
You don't seem like the usual type that is boring and stiff,
Do you think about the future more than the past?
Is there someone you've met and think it will last?
Can you tell them all the stupid things you've done?
Will they judge you or join in the fun?
Perhaps I'm the only one who asks these types of questions,
Maybe I'm too curious for some,
But if you want to get to know me,
These questions are what you should ask,
I'm not simple but I am upfront,
All you have to do is take a chance,
By: Alyssa
No comments:
Post a Comment