Can you tell me why I had to put myself on display only for you to ignore me?
Was it just so you could gain the upper hand?
Did you need so badly to see me vulnerable?
Embarrassment stings,
I can feel the redness in my cheeks,
You saw my efforts and scoffed,
As if I weren't good enough,
Frustration begins,
How long will it take you to let me in?
It's been years of me trying,
I've grown tired of waiting outside the walls you've built up,
Anger brews,
I won't let you make me the fool again,
I've tried and tried but you're all talk and no action,
This game you play is so childish,
Bitterness arrives,
Can you tell why I feel like I have to keep trying?
I feel like you don't care in the slightest,
What's the point of giving it my all?
Sadness resides,
I find myself scarred by your lack of heart,
I know the next step would be to cut and run,
But I don't want to be that person,
By: Alyssa
No comments:
Post a Comment