Monday, November 3, 2014

Silence

I'm sitting here waiting for the silence to swallow me whole,
Thinking about the words you finally managed say,
Worrying about the ones you haven't gotten to yet,

I remember when I once loved sitting in a quiet room,
Now the silence is a quaint reminder of my situation,

I'm sitting here on the edge of the couch,
Wondering when the silence will be broken,
Pondering the next phrase that will pass from my lips,

I remember why I once loved the silence,
It allowed me to never have to miss something or someone,

I'm sitting here on the floor of the bathroom crying,
But even my sobs are silent,
I can barely manage to make a sound,

I remember when silence meant peace and tranquility,
Now I wait for the enemy to pounce,

I'm sitting here with you again,
Pretending like there's nothing wrong and nothing going on in my head,
This silence will be my end.

By: Alyssa 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Gratitude

I haven't been able to write for weeks,  I've stared at this page and wondered if I had finally run out of things to say,  Of course...