I thought about you today,
When our song was playing,
I finally had all the right words to say,
I remembered the last time you told me you loved me,
You didn't kiss me,
We didn't sneak off to any where extraordinary,
You held my face in your hands,
You looked me in the eyes and whispered 'I love you',
I want you to know that I always believed it when you said it,
But just like that you were gone,
And I didn't go after you right away,
I waited until it was too late,
You were someone else's,
And I was long gone too,
What we had became a bunch of random memories,
Details misplaced and pictures erased,
You were my rock but I never confessed that to you,
You held my heart but I never told you it was yours to keep,
You consumed my mind but I never said all the wonderful things I wanted for your life,
I just stood there like a moron as you wore your heart on your sleeve,
I told you be go out and be a man as if you weren't already,
I pushed you away when I wanted you to never leave,
You won't read this because you don't think of me,
You won't get to know that I thought you were the best person I'd ever meet,
You won't know that you are the one that got away,
As cheesy as it sounds,
And as much as I'm kicking myself,
You'll never know and that's just something I have to live with.
By: Alyssa
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Gratitude
I haven't been able to write for weeks, I've stared at this page and wondered if I had finally run out of things to say, Of course...
-
I felt for so long that I would end up alone, Meandering from place to place, Like a ghost, I had given up on the dreams I once held...
-
I can't seem to shut down my mind, Not even for one second, It always has something to whisper, Making lists of what I could've...
-
I can't stand the way I feel, When they talk about their bodies, As if there's something wrong, It makes me internalize hate, ...
No comments:
Post a Comment