Beautiful words and finely timed lines won't help make sense of this,
There is a hole in my chest,
Where things I cannot mention once lived,
All because of this and that,
And he said she said,
And words,
And phrases,
And an entire life that I will never get back,
Harsh phrases cut nothing like knives,
I have come to know first hand,
They feel more like a million shards of glass,
Pushed up under your skin,
Cutting with every movement-
and every breath,
With every minute that passes,
those words and phrases i cannot mention,
they replay in my head,
and that hole in my heart,
grows darker,
and my hurt turns into hate,
This world of beautiful words and finely timed lines was my savior,
keeping me from turning into the unmentionable,
they saved me from an empty life,
they saved me from the inevitable of the unmentionable,
Now all i have are these wounds that won't heal,
and a darkness that wasn't there before,
all because of the unmentionable,
all because of words and phrases,
and he said she said,
and a life that i will never be a part of.
By: Alyssa
Tuesday, July 17, 2018
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Gratitude
I haven't been able to write for weeks, I've stared at this page and wondered if I had finally run out of things to say, Of course...
-
I felt for so long that I would end up alone, Meandering from place to place, Like a ghost, I had given up on the dreams I once held...
-
I can't seem to shut down my mind, Not even for one second, It always has something to whisper, Making lists of what I could've...
-
I can't stand the way I feel, When they talk about their bodies, As if there's something wrong, It makes me internalize hate, ...
No comments:
Post a Comment