You are as transparent as a brick wall,
Strapped with a gun,
As to add a little something to your loving and accepting demeanor,
Tattooed with meanings you'd like to forget,
At least that's what you've said,
You are always trying to impress someone,
With a bible in hand,
As to make it seem like you are just a humble man,
Struggling with your own demons,
Putting everything but the truth on display,
You are as unpredictable as an earthquake,
And as quick as one too,
As to think no one would notice the sudden shift,
Ruins surround you,
But that's not caused by anything you do,
You are not the man that I remember,
He was loving and kind,
Filled with passion for art, family, and life,
You are unrecognizable at best,
Disconnected from your own kin,
You are a picture in my head now,
A fading memory from two years ago,
When you came to my wedding by the sea,
You promised you would stick around,
But this distance says differently,
You are unreturned phone calls and text messages,
You are broken promises,
You are lies whispered back to me,
You are threats and cruel taunts,
You are nothing but disappointment.
By: Alyssa
Monday, June 4, 2018
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Gratitude
I haven't been able to write for weeks, I've stared at this page and wondered if I had finally run out of things to say, Of course...
-
I felt for so long that I would end up alone, Meandering from place to place, Like a ghost, I had given up on the dreams I once held...
-
I can't seem to shut down my mind, Not even for one second, It always has something to whisper, Making lists of what I could've...
-
I can't stand the way I feel, When they talk about their bodies, As if there's something wrong, It makes me internalize hate, ...
No comments:
Post a Comment