Monday, April 18, 2016

What Everyone Knows

How can I tell you what everyone else knows? 
I'm hard to handle, 
To say the least, 
You're nicer than I am, 
It's plain to see, 
Though I can be sweet, 
When I reach my limit, 
It's best to leave me be, 

How can I tell you what everyone else knows? 
I'm a volatile combination,
Of cigarette smoke and bad intentions,
Of sweet nothings and tender kisses,
It takes a while to discover, 
But once you do, 
There's no going back,
To the way you thought of me before,

How can I tell you what everyone else knows?
They label me,
A siren,
Drawing in the lonely sailor,
Lost at sea,
With a sweet song,
And bright eyes, 
With deadly consequences, 

How can I tell you what everyone else knows? 
I'm a mess of chaos,
With questionable morals,
And a gnarly temper,
Some even call me mean,
And cold hearted,
It's not too far off the truth,
I guess,

I don't have to tell you these things,
Because with time,
They are easy to see,
And I'm not sorry,
That you saw the better part of me,
And assumed that's all I was,
At least you know for certain now,
What everyone else knows. 

By: Alyssa

No comments:

Post a Comment

Gratitude

I haven't been able to write for weeks,  I've stared at this page and wondered if I had finally run out of things to say,  Of course...