Monday, May 9, 2016

Internal Conflict

I'm constantly conflicted,
At war with the fears in my mind,
And the love in my heart,

I find myself staring up at an empty sky,
Searching for the antidote,
To my pessimistic ways,

Hoping that there's a cure,
That doesn't require,
Me losing who I am,

And the drinks haven't changed the way I feel,
And the cigarettes don't burn quite like they used to,
My old ways just leave me empty,

I just don't want to find myself on my knees,
Begging to some deity,
Who's never given a damn about me,

So instead- I'll take a walk,
Alone at night,
Down the country road no one knows,

And there I'll try to ditch these fears,
And there I'll try to remember the love I have,
And there I'll try to be honest with myself,

I'm in conflict,
My pessimistic thoughts of everything around me,
Just don't mix with my romantic soul.

By: Alyssa 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Gratitude

I haven't been able to write for weeks,  I've stared at this page and wondered if I had finally run out of things to say,  Of course...