Wednesday, April 13, 2016

Old Lines

I think the hardest part is looking back at all the old lines I've written,
Seeing every piece of myself I've shared,
Only to have it tossed aside,
And watching it replay over and over again,
I think to myself,
Maybe this time it's different,
Maybe this time I've found the one,
Then just like clockwork,
The other shoe drops and I'm left in a terrible state,
Crying my eyes out,
With a bottle in hand,
Trying so hard to numb the pain I could have avoided,
If I could have just turn off my heart,
But that's not me,
So I'll look back and try not to regret,
All the times I put myself out there,
Only to be burned,
I'll try not to put up walls,
I'll try not to run far away,
So when love comes around again,
I'll be able to smile,
And embrace it once more,
Still hoping that this one will be my forever.

By: Alyssa

No comments:

Post a Comment

Gratitude

I haven't been able to write for weeks,  I've stared at this page and wondered if I had finally run out of things to say,  Of course...