Tuesday, November 3, 2015

Home

Each new place I go,
The people I meet,
They're all temporary,
I know better than to get too comfortable,
To become a regular,
I can never be that way,

There will always be an unsettledness about me,
My soul is adventurous and restless,
I long for new experiences,
New places and new people,
I've always been curious,

My very being based on the idea of wandering,
My freedom is the most precious thing I have,
Unhindered by petty material items,
One duffle bag of clothes,
My car and a pack of smokes,
Thats all I need,

But what my heart longs for,
Is someone to call home,
A person similar to me,
Ready to pack up and leave on a whim,
Not tied down to any one place,
Understanding the deepest parts of my heart and mind,
And not afraid to let me run free,

Knowing that I'll always come home,
That they are the only place I'll stay forever,
My one constant in an ever changing world,
No matter what road I wander down,
No matter where time takes us,
That one person who could be my only true home.

By: Alyssa

No comments:

Post a Comment

Gratitude

I haven't been able to write for weeks,  I've stared at this page and wondered if I had finally run out of things to say,  Of course...