Tuesday, November 17, 2015

The Outcast

Spotlight,
I felt a heat like no other,
Branded as the black sheep- the outcast,

Even after trying so hard to put on a face,
For them and their shame,
Not for myself,

Jumping through hoops,
Just to keep them appeased,
Hit the edge one time,

Lost the audience,
For not being flawless in my act,
I switch it up,

Now juggling with fire,
They throw water,
Extinguished my motivation and hopes,

I crawl out from the mud that they then drug me through,
Only to find they are now more like a mob,
All set to tear me apart,

It was in my hopelessness a hand reached down,
I looked up and saw you,
Covered in the same muck,

Another soul tossed aside,
Damaged but not destroyed,
With love still radiating behind their eyes.


By: Alyssa

No comments:

Post a Comment

Gratitude

I haven't been able to write for weeks,  I've stared at this page and wondered if I had finally run out of things to say,  Of course...