Saturday, December 27, 2014

I Close My Eyes

Standing out in the cold wind will never bother me again,
For some how this is the warmest I've ever felt,
I close my eyes and remember,
This winter weather has always brought me joy,
Now even more than ever,

Coffee was once the only way to wake my senses,
I would drag my tired feet around until I had my fix,
I close my eyes and smile,
This early morning quiet time has me attentive and poised,
I know that somehow this day will bring me closer to where I'm supposed to be,

Music once had to drown out everything around me,
I kept it loud enough that the world knew to stay away,
I close my eyes and listen,
This hushed mid tempo jazz has brought me peace,
I have never felt more at ease,

I close my eyes and everything stops for a second,
I can catch my breath,
I close my eyes and I know that it will be okay,
I can move on,
I close my eyes and open them again.

By: Alyssa 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Gratitude

I haven't been able to write for weeks,  I've stared at this page and wondered if I had finally run out of things to say,  Of course...