Friday, December 5, 2014

The Reader (Romanticized)

"To live would be an awfully big adventure",
Lines from my favorite books tell me what I should have known from the start,
Life is one big journey,
With twists and turns you would have otherwise never expected,

"I give myself good advice, but very seldom follow it",
These words ring true no matter how old I get or how much I think I've grown,
My favorite characters relate to the most secretive parts of me,
We feel no shame for these,

These characters were imagined by people just like me,
Sitting and wondering about the what ifs,
Daring to create worlds where they fit in,

Not knowing that these worlds created in the quiet of their study,
Would be shelters to those like me,
Living vicariously in the pages of hundred year old novels,
Hoping one day to put all the words we've read into practice,

To live would be such a great adventure,
To take our own advice would send us on our way,
These books are more family than fiction.

By: Alyssa

No comments:

Post a Comment

Gratitude

I haven't been able to write for weeks,  I've stared at this page and wondered if I had finally run out of things to say,  Of course...