Wednesday, January 7, 2015

A Midnight Stroll

A soft breeze throws hair into my eyes,
I've been wandering around this city for hours,
Wondering what I could possibly say,
The truth will set me free,
But I fear that it will only leave me in ruins,

The winter air carries leaves down the path I walk on,
Tumbling around like they don't know where they're headed,
We have that in common,

Midnight strolls are the only way I can clear my mind,
All these nostalgic thoughts haunt me,
I push them away with every step I take,
The truth is that I don't want to remember the old days,
They are much clearer than the here and now,

The leaves at my feet stop twirling suddenly,
This lull in the wind is a chance to reexamine which way I have been going,
It's then I realize what has pushed me this direction,

A cold breeze stings my cheek,
I've been walking around this city for hours,
Wondering how I could possibly change,
The truth is that I already have,
Fear will no longer control which way I go.


By: Alyssa

No comments:

Post a Comment

Gratitude

I haven't been able to write for weeks,  I've stared at this page and wondered if I had finally run out of things to say,  Of course...