Monday, August 4, 2014

My Way With Words

How can I expect you to take it the right way if every word comes out wrong?
For once I'd like what I say to match my intentions,

I'd never want to cut you down,
Yet here I am spinning phrases like blades,

I've always had this problem,
Hurting people with my words seems to be my curse,

I try to bring together the things I want to tell you,
Making sure not to yell or curse,

All the plans I had to speak more respectfully fail,
Within ten seconds I've destroyed all I've tried to build,

Is it my brain causing the outbursts?
Can I blame it on my heart?

I'd never intentionally hurt anyone,
I guess I'm right back at the start.

By: Alyssa 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Gratitude

I haven't been able to write for weeks,  I've stared at this page and wondered if I had finally run out of things to say,  Of course...