Thursday, July 24, 2014

As It Is Right Now

Take me away from this place,
I can't stand to feel like a prisoner,
I no longer sleep at night,
I can't seem to dream,

I want to fly free,
Run for the northern border,
Just to see if there's something more,
I need to hope again,

The sound of the roaring ocean calls to me,
Those rocky beaches feel like home,
It calms my soul,
Maybe I'll run away to one of those,

How sick to think,
That once I had people to catch me when I'd fall,
Now all I have are the quick judgments and opinions of others,
How silly to think that it was so different before,

I'll take myself away from this place,
To somewhere I can smile by just being alive,
Maybe it will happen today,
Or perhaps I'll just sit here and feel empty.

By: Alyssa

No comments:

Post a Comment

Gratitude

I haven't been able to write for weeks,  I've stared at this page and wondered if I had finally run out of things to say,  Of course...