Tuesday, May 19, 2020

All of These Things

I want to cry, 
But I won't let myself, 
Not when I know you will see me, 

I want to scream, 
But I can't seem to speak, 
Not when I know what the words would do to you, 

I don't want to feel like I'm constantly lied to,
Like the ground I thought we were walking on is suddenly gone, 
I don't want to hear that you don't feel like an equal partner, 
When I bend over backwards to give you everything you want, 

I don't want to keep living this way, 
Hiding my feelings, 
Biting my tongue, 

I just want to be happy, 
I want all the things we dreamed of, 
I want all those plans to come together, 

But now I don't know what is real, 
I only know that in the midst of frustration,
You lash out, 

Claiming the status of a martyr,  
Telling me I do nothing for you, 
Twisting my words into your favor, 

I want to fall to pieces, 
But I won't, 
I can't, 

I want to tell you all of these things, 
But I fear the worst, 
That you will not come back.

By: Alyssa

No comments:

Post a Comment

Gratitude

I haven't been able to write for weeks,  I've stared at this page and wondered if I had finally run out of things to say,  Of course...