Sunday, June 18, 2017

Taking Stock

Today I stopped and took stock of my life,
I realized how much I had,
And how far I had come,
And how every choice had brought me to this place,

I looked around my home,
And realized that it's filled with happy memories,
Pictures of true love on the shelves,
And the promise of a bright future lingering in the air,

Today I stopped and took stock of my life,
I counted my blessings,
And for the first time,
They out numbered the defeats,

I no longer have petty scores to settle,
Or heartbreaks to hold onto,
I don't have reasons to lose sleep,
Or people to steal my joy,

Today I stopped and took stock of my life,
I realized how much love had filled my heart,
In what seemed like a short amount of time,
I gained everything I thought I would never have,

And I am thankful.


By: Alyssa 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Gratitude

I haven't been able to write for weeks,  I've stared at this page and wondered if I had finally run out of things to say,  Of course...