I've been trying to imagine what it will be like to see you for the first time,
I wonder if you and I will have an instant bond,
I picture you with dark hair like your father's,
And bright hazel eyes like mine,
I've been trying to imagine what it will be like to see you grow and change,
I wonder what dreams you will have,
I picture you following me around like my own shadow,
And having your dad wrapped around your finger,
I've been trying to imagine what it will be like to see you scared,
I wonder how I will react to that,
I picture you crawling into my bed in the middle of the night,
And your father and I both wide awake to make you feel safe,
I've been trying to imagine what it will be like to be your mother,
I wonder if we'll be close,
I picture you wanting to read and write like I do,
And me trying to watch my language so you don't curse like me,
I keep thanking the universe every moment of the day,
That I get the chance to imagine you at all,
That I get to feel you moving and growing inside of me,
I just can't believe how much love I have for you already,
I've been trying to imagine all these things about you,
But I know I'll be happiest when I hold you in my arms,
Not just for the first time,
But every time after that- for the rest of my life.
By: Alyssa
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Gratitude
I haven't been able to write for weeks, I've stared at this page and wondered if I had finally run out of things to say, Of course...
-
I felt for so long that I would end up alone, Meandering from place to place, Like a ghost, I had given up on the dreams I once held...
-
I can't seem to shut down my mind, Not even for one second, It always has something to whisper, Making lists of what I could've...
-
I can't stand the way I feel, When they talk about their bodies, As if there's something wrong, It makes me internalize hate, ...
No comments:
Post a Comment