The words aren't what's missing,
I know exactly what I want to say,
And why I need to get it off of my chest,
But I can't do that,
The words are harsh,
There's no way to pen them beautifully,
Words like these are a wild fire,
Destructive and all consuming,
So I guess I'll bury these words,
Under all the sleepless nights,
The songs I've listened to on repeat,
And the unanswered calls,
These words fester in my mind,
Unable to pass from my lips,
They weigh me down,
Like a stone on my chest,
So I'll try to bury the words even deeper,
Under all the tears I've cried,
Under all the times I've compromised,
Under all the miles I've run to escape,
I know exactly what I want to say,
And who I want to say it to,
But I don't want to be the one,
Who sets fire to their lives.
By: Alyssa
Sunday, April 9, 2017
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Gratitude
I haven't been able to write for weeks, I've stared at this page and wondered if I had finally run out of things to say, Of course...
-
I felt for so long that I would end up alone, Meandering from place to place, Like a ghost, I had given up on the dreams I once held...
-
I can't seem to shut down my mind, Not even for one second, It always has something to whisper, Making lists of what I could've...
-
I can't stand the way I feel, When they talk about their bodies, As if there's something wrong, It makes me internalize hate, ...
No comments:
Post a Comment