Tonight I just can't seem to keep them inside,
I've been stuck with the same reel playing in my head,
Caught up in our last conversation,
That left my heart cold as a stone,
Caught up in our last conversation,
That left my heart cold as a stone,
I've been laying awake at night,
Going over all the things I said,
The promises I made in my youth,
The hopes and fears I shared,
With someone who told me they'd always be there,
Now they're nowhere in sight,
I wrestle with myself,
Hating the pain I've caused for someone so special to me,
And wondering how I could still have so much love,
For someone who used the past as weaponry,
And wondering how I could still have so much love,
For someone who used the past as weaponry,
I suppose that's the real reason for my tears,
What weighs so heavy on my heart is you,
For eight years you were my confidant,
You were a safe place for me to be me,
You were five hour long phone calls,
You were the inspiration of future plans,
You were a hope for the pain to end,
And now- I can't even call you my friend.
By: Alyssa
No comments:
Post a Comment