Misery, you sure do love your company,
You grip so tightly as I struggle to break free,
Every day is a fight in my mind,
As you do your best to convince me that I'm the Misery that holds on,
The rest of the world stares in awe,
No one can tell what's really going on,
They only see what they want to see,
Their perception leads to misconception,
You hide out of sight,
You do your dealings in the dark,
That way when they see me crying,
They wonder how on earth you could be at fault,
I scream and fight in front of the world,
They turn their heads and call it pointless drama,
Only to miss you yanking me back down to the darkness,
Right as I had caught a breath of fresh air,
I wonder how long I'll have to struggle against you,
I am worn from the constant back and forth,
But I 'll continue to fight the lies you scream,
Misery, you won't get to keep me here.
By: Alyssa
Monday, May 4, 2015
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Gratitude
I haven't been able to write for weeks, I've stared at this page and wondered if I had finally run out of things to say, Of course...
-
I felt for so long that I would end up alone, Meandering from place to place, Like a ghost, I had given up on the dreams I once held...
-
I can't seem to shut down my mind, Not even for one second, It always has something to whisper, Making lists of what I could've...
-
I can't stand the way I feel, When they talk about their bodies, As if there's something wrong, It makes me internalize hate, ...
No comments:
Post a Comment