It wasn't that long ago that I almost didn't make it,
I took the pills and downed the bottle,
I was at the end of my rope,
Feeling like I had no control,
When I came to someone took my hand,
They sat with me and came up with a plan,
I went to the hospital where they said they could fix me,
They gave me medicine,
They wanted me to talk,
Six hours a day, five days a week, for 3 months,
When I finally came out the other side,
The world treated me like I didn't try to take my own life,
As if I were on vacation those few months,
The world started hounding me,
Telling me I should have everything figured out,
Questioning why I don't go out as much,
I tried to ignore all the noise,
I started small,
I gave up the drugs and drinking,
I got a job and felt like I could stand tall,
I was starting to like living again,
It didn't feel painful like before,
I definitely still have my bad days,
When the clouds roll in and I shut down,
I work through them like everyone else,
It's just tougher to pull myself up from where I fell,
Years have passed by now,
The world keeps nagging,
And I keep working hard,
I'm slowly but surely finding my way,
I'm still trying to figure it all out,
And I learned that that's okay.
By: Alyssa
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Gratitude
I haven't been able to write for weeks, I've stared at this page and wondered if I had finally run out of things to say, Of course...
-
I felt for so long that I would end up alone, Meandering from place to place, Like a ghost, I had given up on the dreams I once held...
-
I can't seem to shut down my mind, Not even for one second, It always has something to whisper, Making lists of what I could've...
-
I can't stand the way I feel, When they talk about their bodies, As if there's something wrong, It makes me internalize hate, ...
Your writings always have a lot of emotion and this one really shows that. Great job as usual. All the best!
ReplyDelete