Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Label It

I'm feeling a little out of sorts,
Like the room is closing in and I've lost my breath,
My head is pounding but my heart is still,
This feeling is all too familiar to me,

I've lost my barrings,
Nothing seems to make sense,
Not to mention I feel like something is stuck in my chest,

I can't seem to pin point what made me feel this way,
It could be the incident,
It could be everything,

They tell me it's normal,
They say it's all the same,
I just can't help thinking no one has ever felt this pain,

I'll label this a panic attack,
Call it anxiety or angst,
Maybe that will help me cope,
Maybe then I'll sleep it away.

By: Alyssa

No comments:

Post a Comment

Gratitude

I haven't been able to write for weeks,  I've stared at this page and wondered if I had finally run out of things to say,  Of course...