Years of being let down have taught me to keep my hopes small,
But lately I’ve felt more inclined to see a brighter side,
That person who makes you feel small and defeated,
Those words spoken harshly that make you cry,
They set you up for moments of profound courage and strength,
Opportunities for you to overcome the adversity,
Moments you never imagined would come along in your life,
And all your dreams that seemed to have slipped away overnight,
The light that was stolen from your eyes,
Those loses were meant to bring you to this point,
The point where you finally stand up and fight,
I’ve never anticipated reaching great heights,
Or influencing anyone in a good way,
But I know that somewhere out there tonight,
There’s one person who might feel the same way,
All hope may seem lost,
The darkness may appear to have won,
But as it’s been said many times before,
It’s always darkest before the dawn.
By: Alyssa
No comments:
Post a Comment