Go ahead and whisper those snide remarks,
Like somehow you are better than me,
Every move I make,
You give a look,
That somehow you've had better,
And that you wish you could again,
Like somehow you are better than me,
Every move I make,
You give a look,
That somehow you've had better,
And that you wish you could again,
Don't think I can't tell,
Don't think I don't hear you,
Your face gives you away,
Not like you have a knack for keeping secrets,
You display your disdain,
Your disenchantment for me,
For everyone to see,
For everyone to pick up and parade around,
Leaving me the fool,
Don't think I don't hear you,
Your face gives you away,
Not like you have a knack for keeping secrets,
You display your disdain,
Your disenchantment for me,
For everyone to see,
For everyone to pick up and parade around,
Leaving me the fool,
For reasons I cannot know,
I still try to win your approval,
Time and time again,
I change my hair,
My clothes,
I dip down low,
All to earn your favor for a moment,
I still try to win your approval,
Time and time again,
I change my hair,
My clothes,
I dip down low,
All to earn your favor for a moment,
What a trip,
To think that it would mean anything more,
To think that it would mean anything more,
Than enough to get us through a lonely night,
Given those secret thoughts you have about me,
I'm surprised we made it this far at all.
By: Alyssa
No comments:
Post a Comment