Tuesday, November 1, 2016

Nostalgia is No Place to Call Home

I think sometimes you may reread the words I've written here,
In place of actually speaking to me,
For whatever reason,
It brings me a little bit of joy,
To think that you might miss my way with words,

I just hope that you are happy,
And that you're not still stuck in the past,
Telling the same stories,
From the same seat,
In the same bar downtown,

I think sometimes that you may reread the words I've written here,
In place of telling anyone what's really going on,
For the many reasons you have to stay away from me,
It brings me a little bit of joy,
To think that you might miss the way I told you that things were going to be okay,

So for old times sake,
I'll tell you what you need to hear,
Give thanks for the memories we share,
Then free yourself to move on and grow,
Nostalgia is no place to call home.

By; Alyssa


No comments:

Post a Comment

Gratitude

I haven't been able to write for weeks,  I've stared at this page and wondered if I had finally run out of things to say,  Of course...