I suspect you only ever thought of me in a hypothetical sense,
As if I were some theory to be tested at a later date,
So when the chance finally came for you to have me,
You didn't know what to do,
When it turned out that being with me was an actual possibility,
You clammed right up,
You turned and ran to someone else,
Claiming that they helped you figure everything out,
And I was left standing there,
Ready to be yours and yours alone,
Like a damn fool,
Starry eyed and hopeful,
That light in my heart went out so fast,
When I saw you with everyone else but me,
I fell apart,
My eyes lost their hopeful gleam,
I realized that to you I was only a hypothetical thing,
To you I was the next to test,
With me you would be 'giving it another try',
A theory that would work out or be denied,
But I'm not a pair of shoes that you wear for awhile and then throw away,
I'm not a song that you picked up by mistake,
I'm sure as hell not a theory or a problem to be solved,
I'm a person and I at least deserved a call.
By: Alyssa
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Gratitude
I haven't been able to write for weeks, I've stared at this page and wondered if I had finally run out of things to say, Of course...
-
I felt for so long that I would end up alone, Meandering from place to place, Like a ghost, I had given up on the dreams I once held...
-
I can't seem to shut down my mind, Not even for one second, It always has something to whisper, Making lists of what I could've...
-
I can't stand the way I feel, When they talk about their bodies, As if there's something wrong, It makes me internalize hate, ...
No comments:
Post a Comment