Everyone seems to be falling in love,
And I'm just falling asleep,
All my friends seem to be moving forward,
And now I'm taking two steps back,
Is this the fate I receive for rushing in with my whole heart?
An end to the dreams I never thought I had,
I know I need my freedom to be happy,
But can't I be free with someone by my side?
Everyone is falling in love for real,
And I'm falling asleep with the T.V on again,
My friends are having children,
And I'm wanting a hand to hold,
Is it so bad to have to start all over again?
A new beginning could be a nice change of pace,
Everyone I know is falling in love,
But I'm waking up to a clean slate,
All of them might be moving forward,
But I'm blazing a new trail for my life.
By: Alyssa
Monday, February 9, 2015
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Gratitude
I haven't been able to write for weeks, I've stared at this page and wondered if I had finally run out of things to say, Of course...
-
I felt for so long that I would end up alone, Meandering from place to place, Like a ghost, I had given up on the dreams I once held...
-
I can't seem to shut down my mind, Not even for one second, It always has something to whisper, Making lists of what I could've...
-
I can't stand the way I feel, When they talk about their bodies, As if there's something wrong, It makes me internalize hate, ...
No comments:
Post a Comment