Do you know that I'd write the most beautiful lies just to make you believe I'm doing okay,
I'd cover up the bruises and scars,
I'd smile and joke just so you can go on and not worry,
There's got to be a way out of this mess,
I try and I scrape by,
Hoping to find a way to save myself,
I want you to know that I would lie just so I don't have to see that look in your eyes,
I know I've never made the best decisions,
Please know that you don't need to remind me,
I want to pull myself out of my darkness,
I do want to be happy,
For now I'll keep telling you the same thing,
I'll be just fine.
By: Alyssa
Wednesday, June 25, 2014
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Gratitude
I haven't been able to write for weeks, I've stared at this page and wondered if I had finally run out of things to say, Of course...
-
I felt for so long that I would end up alone, Meandering from place to place, Like a ghost, I had given up on the dreams I once held...
-
I can't seem to shut down my mind, Not even for one second, It always has something to whisper, Making lists of what I could've...
-
I can't stand the way I feel, When they talk about their bodies, As if there's something wrong, It makes me internalize hate, ...
No comments:
Post a Comment