I don't want to think about you,
And the pain that you've caused,
I just want to forget your name,
And that I once refused to see your flaws,
I could drown myself in bottles of wine,
Or fill my lungs with smoke,
I could try everything again and again,
Until I inevitably feel like a joke,
Instead I think I will write about you,
To try to get these thoughts clear of my mind,
Maybe it will work today,
Though it hasn't any other time,
I won't give up on trying to leave you behind,
The past is where you belong,
With all the other heartache,
And everything else that's gone wrong,
I don't want to think about you,
Not for one second more,
I just want to be free of this mess,
I just want to shut and lock this door,
But I suppose I can't just forget you,
No matter how hard I try,
I can't pretend you never existed,
Because you were the reason I used to cry,
I don't want to think about you,
Don't try to be cute and call this is a bluff,
I'm doing whatever I can,
Though part of me feels that it won't be enough.
By: Alyssa
Monday, February 24, 2020
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Gratitude
I haven't been able to write for weeks, I've stared at this page and wondered if I had finally run out of things to say, Of course...
-
I felt for so long that I would end up alone, Meandering from place to place, Like a ghost, I had given up on the dreams I once held...
-
I can't seem to shut down my mind, Not even for one second, It always has something to whisper, Making lists of what I could've...
-
I can't stand the way I feel, When they talk about their bodies, As if there's something wrong, It makes me internalize hate, ...
No comments:
Post a Comment