Thursday, June 13, 2019

What Love Really Is

You probably don't know that I still write about you,
In good times and bad,
I fill pages with words that you will never read,

Because I am just a memory to you,
Something you might get lost thinking about once in a while,
Trying to remember how I wore my hair the day you left my world,

But I know that I am forever etched into your heart, 
Though I am fleeting from your mind,
You're probably realizing that time isn't the only thing that doesn't stop moving forward,

You probably don't realize that I write about you more now than I ever did,
You are more than a memory of a boy that I once knew,
You are the one that showed me what love really is,

I am forever grateful for the memory of you,
A ghost I will never try to rid myself of,
A haunting reminder of why I will always fight to keep what I love,

You probably don't know how much you will always mean to me,
But there is nothing that will ever change the fact,
That you are the one that I keep in mind,

Thank you for teaching me to fight for what I deserve,
And never settling for less,
Even though we both know what learning that lesson meant.

By: Alyssa 

1 comment:

  1. Very deep and close to my heart. Everyday is not a memory as much as you think. Life left us to find out ways. Even though it wasn't what we wanted.

    ReplyDelete

Gratitude

I haven't been able to write for weeks,  I've stared at this page and wondered if I had finally run out of things to say,  Of course...