They gave me pills and told me I'd feel better,
They said it might take some time,
But 'some time' is a long time to fight a battle with yourself,
Especially when you're alone,
And I don't want to take more medicine,
Every pill they've tried makes me feel worse,
Every one I take makes me feel more like a failure,
Having to counteract what goes on in my mind,
But the pills are supposed to help,
They balance the chemicals in your brain,
They can be used as a crutch,
Until your mind becomes a safe place,
I don't want to rely on pills,
To get out of bed,
To able to sleep,
To want to eat,
But that's the point I'm at,
And I have to accept that,
Even though I feel bad now,
Maybe these little white pills will help turn things around.
By: Alyssa
Sunday, January 15, 2017
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Gratitude
I haven't been able to write for weeks, I've stared at this page and wondered if I had finally run out of things to say, Of course...
-
I felt for so long that I would end up alone, Meandering from place to place, Like a ghost, I had given up on the dreams I once held...
-
I can't seem to shut down my mind, Not even for one second, It always has something to whisper, Making lists of what I could've...
-
I can't stand the way I feel, When they talk about their bodies, As if there's something wrong, It makes me internalize hate, ...
No comments:
Post a Comment